Welcome to Week 11 Birch Class.
Week beginning Monday 22nd June.
We have set you some Reading Comprehension Challenges this Week in Purple Mash.
Can you complete them by next Sunday 28th June?
There are five Chapters to read for and then some questions to answer:
- Monday - Chapter 1; Ned and the Jungle Animals
- Tuesday - Chapter 2; Ned and the Jungle Animals
- Wednesday - Chapter 3; Ned and the Jungle Animals
- Thursday - Chapter 4; Ned and the Jungle Animals
- Friday - Chapter 5; Ned and the Jungle Animals
Read them carefully so that you can answer the questions accurately.
If it is tricky we will ask you to redo it so that you can read the chapter again.
We have set some extra challenges this week based on Ned and the Jungle Animals.
- Missing Words (for each of the chapters)Read each sentence carefully, think about the chapter you read and choose the best word to complete the sentence.
- Chapter 1: Jigsaw- Can you put the picture back together and find all the different characters in the picture?
- Chapter 2: Pairs- Can you find the 6 matching pairs of all the things you have seen in the story?
- Chapter 3: Drag- Make your own garden scene.
- Chapter 4: Carrot Picking- Ned Needs to collect all the carrots in the school garden. Can you help?
- Chapter 5: Sequencing- Can you remember the story? Put the pictures in the right order to tell the story.
We look forward to marking your work.
Good Luck from Miss Newton-Smith and Ms Beazley 😁