Welcome to Week 10 Birch Class.
Week beginning Monday 15th June.
We have set you some Reading Comprehension Challenges this Week in Purple Mash.
Can you complete them by next Sunday 21st June?
There are five Chapters to read for and then some questions to answer:
- Monday - Chapter 1; Ned and the Detectives
- Tuesday - Chapter 2; Ned and the Detectives
- Wednesday - Chapter 3; Ned and the Detectives
- Thursday - Chapter 4; Ned and the Detectives
- Friday - Chapter 5; Ned and the Detectives
Read them carefully so that you can answer the questions accurately.
If it is tricky we will ask you to redo it so that you can read the chapter again.
We have set some extra challenges this week. Read each sentence carefully, think about the chapter you read and choose the best word to complete the sentence.
- Missing Words (for each of the chapters)
- Chapter 1: Jigsaw- Can you put the picture back together and find all the different characters in the picture?
- Chapter 2: Pairs- Can you find the 4 matching pairs of all the things you have seen in the story?
- Chapter 3: Labelling- Can you label the different parts to this picture of Ned and his friends?
- Chapter 4: Yes or No- Test your knowledge of the story with these questions.
- Chapter 5: Game- You have read the story. Now play Ned and the detectives game.
We look forward to marking your work.
Good Luck from Miss Newton-Smith and Ms Beazley 😁