Here is a new story for you! Superworm by Julia Donaldson. We have only just started reading this story, we love Julia’s rhyming stories at home so wanted to share this one with you about a super mini beast who likes to help.
After listening to the story here are some activities you can do;
* Make a mini beast alphabet - find insects/mini beasts that being with the letters of the alphabet for example ‘a’ is for ant. You might have to ask a grown up to help you investigate some mini beast names using books or the internet.
* Design a superhero! What do you think would be a great super power? What would you do if you were a super strong hero?
* Can you find out some super facts about worms? Where do they live? What do they eat? Maybe you could try finding a worm in your garden to draw and label!
After reading the story maybe you could...
* Make a wanted poster for the Gruffalo. Can you draw a picture and describe him underneath?
* Draw a story map of the mouse's journey through the deep dark wood. Who does he meet? Where does he meet them?
* I wonder what Gruffalo Crumble is like? Can you imagine and make a recipe for this yummy or maybe disgusting dessert?
It would be great to see some of your work. If you're able to you could email it to the school office email to be passed on or upload to tapestry for me to see!