This half term is all light and dark. We will be investigating light and shadow and during the unit the children will learn to:
- recognise that they need light in order to see things and that dark is the absence of light
- notice that light is reflected from surfaces
- recognise that light from the sun can be dangerous and that there are ways to protect their eyes
- recognise that shadows are formed when the light from a light source is blocked by an opaque object
- find patterns in the way that the size of shadows change
Our Science learning will result in a Viking shadow puppet extravaganza performed for Birch class.