Our vision is to create a thriving school that provides a stimulating, safe and caring environment. We strive for children to become resilient and successful learners.
- design a broad, balanced and creative curriculum which excites and empowers children to develop into life-long learners;
- develop our children's ability to think for themselves;
- enable children to embrace opportunities and take pride in their achievements;
- enable our children to take risks in their learning and embrace challenge in order to achievement more;
- support children in making a positive contribution to our local and global community.
Our Values - develop and share British Values:
- COOPERATION: Work with others, become a team player;
- KINDNESS: Kind hands, kind voices, kind deeds;
- RESPECT: For other people, property and the natural world;
- RESILIENCE: Accept mistakes, learn from them and make things better next time;
- INDEPENDENCE: Develop a strong sense of self, make sensible decisions, reflect on own conduct;
- SHARING: Share what we have, take turns and help others to share too.
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens. We change our value every half term. We share stories linked with our value in Whole School assemblies
AUTUMN 1: CO-OPERATION.
We talked about cooperation in our classes and during assemblies. We learnt how to be co-operative:
- Listen carefully so that you understand what people are saying.
- Share your things with others.
- Take turns when more than one person wants to do the same thing.
- Compromise when you have a serious conflict.
- Do your best.
- Encourage people to do their best.
- Make people feel that what they are doing is important. Working together is a lot more fun that way.
- Thank people for the part they are playing.
The children spotted members of the school community that were demonstrating co-operation and celebrated their achievements by filling in a tag and placing it on our values tree.
Autumn 2: Kindness
Change Starts with US!
Anti-Bullying Week happens in schools across England each November. This year's Anti-Bullying Week has the theme Change Starts With Us and is happening from Monday 11th November - Friday 15th November 2019.
Small change. Big difference.
Whether it is verbal, physical, online or in-person, bullying has a significant impact on a child’s life well in to adulthood. By making small, simple changes, we can break this cycle and create a safe environment for everyone. Because together, we can challenge bullying. Change starts with a conversation. It starts with checking in. It starts with working together.
Change starts here.
Change starts now.
Change starts with us.
This year our goal is to inform school staff, children, parents and carers to know that it takes a collective responsibility to stop bullying. We are excited for this campaign as we want to create empowering, positive messages addressing the fact that when it comes to bullying CHANGE STARTS WITH US!
Take a look at the KINDNESS CHALLENGE on our