Why do Christians believe that Jesus is the Messiah? [Incarnation]
This term, our R.E. lessons will focus on three key areas: make sense of belief, understanding the impact and make connections.
Make sense of belief:
• Explain the place of Incarnation and Messiah within the ‘big story’ of the Bible;
• Identify Gospel and prophecy texts, using technical terms;
• Explain connections between biblical texts, Incarnation and Messiah, using theological terms.
Understand the impact:
• Show how Christians put their beliefs about Jesus’ Incarnation into practice in different ways in celebrating Christmas;
• Comment on how the idea that Jesus is the Messiah makes sense in the wider story of the Bible.
• Weigh up how far the idea of Jesus as the ‘Messiah’ – a Saviour from God – is important in the world today and, if it is true, what difference that might make in people’s lives, giving good reasons for their answers.