This term, we are going to focus on the question: Creation and science: conflicting or complementary?
Throughout our learning, we will explore the following areas:
Make sense of belief:
• Identify what type of text some Christians say Genesis 1 is, and its purpose.
• Taking account of the context, suggest what Genesis 1 might mean, and compare their ideas with ways in which Christians interpret it, showing awareness of different interpretations.
Understand the impact:
• Make clear connections between Genesis 1 and Christian belief about God as Creator.
• Show understanding of why many Christians find science and faith go together.
• Identify key ideas arising from their study of Genesis 1 and comment on how far these are helpful or inspiring, justifying their responses.
• Weigh up how far the Genesis 1 creation narrative is in conflict, or is complementary, with a scientific account, giving good reasons for their views.