Welcome to Oak Class
The Oak Team:
Oak Class is taught by Mr Swain, alongside Ms Guest on alternating Mondays. Our Teaching assistants are: Mrs Cappelina (Monday to Wednesday all day and Thursday until lunchtime), Miss Gibbs (Monday to Friday until lunchtimes and Thursday afternoons), and Mrs McEvoy (Thursday afternoons and all day Friday). Miss Gibbs is the lunchtime supervisor for Oak Class.
Notices for Parents:
- From September, the school day will return to normal - the children will start school at 8:45am and finish school at 3:20pm.
- The children should enter the school through the KS2 door, by the drive to the playground.
- Play time will be 11 - 11:15am. Lunch will be 12:30 - 1:20pm.
- Reading Records will be sent home with the children with a colour banded reading book for your child to share. It is important that these reading records are returned to school each day as they are going to be a vital learning resource in our lessons this year. If these are lost, there will be a £1 charge for a new one.
- When your child has finished their home reading book, it must be returned to school before a new book is sent home.
- Reading Records will initially stay in school but communication slips will be sent home to detail your child's reading.
- Reading books will be changed throughout the week - reading books need to be returned to school before they are changed. Children will be issued one book which will stay in school and one which will go home.
- Homework is set weekly, on Fridays, with the expectation to be completed by the next Wednesday.