Our music focus this term will be Classroom Jazz - our learning will be focused around two tunes and improvise: Bacharach Anorak and Meet The Blues.
We will follow a six-step sequence, which involves listen and appraisal; musical activities and performance.
1. Bacharach Anorak - Learn to play the tune and the middle 8.
2. Speaking My Peace - Learn to play the whole tune and improvise using instruments.
3. Take the A train - Learn to play the whole tune and improvise using instruments.
4. Meet the Blues - Compose your own tune and improvise using the notes.
5. Back O' Town Blues - Continue to compose and improvise.
6. One O' Clock Jump - Secure your compositions.
We will also be taking part in our virtual Nativity, which will allow us to showcase our vocal talents.