This year, we will be following White Rose Maths to ensure that the children cover the areas of the maths curriculum that they missed in Year 5 to allow them to progress into the Year 6 curriculum. A lesson by lesson overview has been created to ensure a clear progression is in place.
Week 1 and week 2 will focus on Number: Place Value.
- Read, write, order and compare numbers up to 10,000,000 and determine the value of each digit.
- Round any whole number to a required degree of accuracy.
- Use negative numbers in context, and calculate intervals across zero.
- Solve number and practical problems that involve all of the above.
Weeks 3 - 7 will focus on Number: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division.
- Recap adding and subtracting whole numbers with more than 4-digits.
- Recap inverse operations.
- Recap multi-step addition and subtraction problems.
- Recap adding and subtracting integers.
- Multiply and divide numbers up to 4-digits.
- Identify common factors, multiples and prime numbers.
- Use their knowledge of the order of operations.