This term, we will be focusing on Healthy Me. The six key focuses are:
- take responsibility for my health and make choices that benefit my health and well-being;
- know about different types of drugs and their uses and their effects on the body particularly the liver and heart;
- understand that some people can be exploited and made to do things that are against the law;
- know why some people join gangs and the risks this involves;
- understand what it means to be emotionally well and explore people’s attitudes towards mental health/illness;
- recognise stress and the triggers that cause this and understand how stress can cause drug and alcohol misuse.