The focus of this unit is 'Changing Me'. During this unit, the six key focus areas will be:
- I am aware of my own self-image and how my body image fits into that;
- I can explain how girls’ and boys’ bodies change during puberty and understand the importance of looking after yourself physically and emotionally;
- I can describe how a baby develops from conception through the nine months of pregnancy, and how it is born;
- I understand how being physically attracted to someone changes the nature of the relationship and what that might mean about having a girlfriend/boyfriend;
- I am aware of the importance of a positive self-esteem and what I can do to develop it;
- I can identify what I am looking forward to and what worries me about the transition to secondary school /or moving to my next class.