In our Jigsaw lessons (with our Jigsaw piece, Jem), our outcome is to 'help me fit together the six pieces of learning about Being Me in My World to create the Learning Charter.
We will have 6 lessons to help form our Learning Charter:
- My Year Ahead - I can identify my goals for the year, understand my fears and worries about the future and know how to express them.
- Being a Global Citizen 1 & 2 - I know that there are universal rights for all children but for many children their rights are not met; I understand that my actions affect other people locally and globally.
- The Learning Charter - I can make choices about my own behaviour because I understand how rewards and consequences feel and I understand how these relate to my rights and responsibilities.
- Our Learning Charter - I understand how an individual's behaviour can impact on a group.
- Owning our Learning Charter - I understand how democracy and having a voice benefits the school community.
Alongside our Jigsaw lessons, we will also focus on using the books 'The Colour Monster' and 'The Colours of History' to recognise our emotions.