In Jigsaw this term, we are focusing on developing our understanding of being healthy. This has 6 key components:
- To know the health risks of smoking and how tobacco affects the lungs, liver and heart.
- To know the risks of misusing alcohol, including anti-social behaviour, and how it affects the liver and heart.
- To put into practice basic emergency aid procedures and know how to get help in emergency situations.
- To understand how the media and celebrity culture promotes certain body types.
- To describe the different roles food can play in people's lives and can explain how people can develop eating problems relating to body images pressures.
- To know what makes a healthy lifestyle, including healthy eating and the choices I need to make to be healthy and happy.