This term, we will focus on the puzzle piece 'Being Me in My World'. Throughout the year, the children will explore 6 different puzzle pieces to complete their Jigsaw journey.
The children in Year 4 will cover the following areas:
- I know my attitudes and actions make a difference to the class team.
- I understand who is in my school community, the roles they place and how I fit.
- I understand how democracy works.
- I understand that my actions affect myself and others; I care about other people's feelings and try to empathise with them.
- I understand how groups come together to make decisions.
- I understand how democracy and having a voice benefits the school community.
The children in Year 5 will cover the following areas:
- I can face new challenges positively and know how to set personal goals.
- I understand my rights and responsibilities as a British citizen and as a member of the school.
- I can make choices about my own behaviour because I understand how rewards and consequences feel.
- I understand how an individual's behaviour can impact a group.
- I understand how democracy and having a voice benefits the school community and know how to participate in this.
This term, we will also have a big drive on anti-bullying. Each class will select two anti-bullying ambassadors, who will have training to help recognise bullying and learn how to support someone who is being bullied.
Please use the link to find out more: Anti-Bullying