As adults we have freedom of speech and freedom of choice.
In our school:
- We express of views freely and can agree and disagree;
- We are encouraged to make choices about our learning;
- We campaign for causes we care about;
- We learn to challenge and be assertive and deal with conflict constructively;
- We take part in competition whilst promoting good sportsmanship;
- We take risks and explore in safe environments;
- We celebrate success when others achieve;
- We choose to participate in a range of activities.
At school, the children are always discussing how important it is to help and look after others. They have come up with lots of charities that they would like to help and different ways that we can help. They have decided:
Pine and Sycamore - Macmillan Coffee Morning - Friday 27th September
Leadership Team - Save Oscar Day - Monday 30th September
Birch Class - Harvest Festival - Thursday 17th October
Sports Ambassadors - Jump Rope for Heart - British Heart Foundation - coming soon...
At the end of each half term, the staff in each class choose two children that are always amazing ambassadors. These children are then awarded 'Always Certificates' in our Praise Assembly.
Ten Year 5 children have been selected to take part in the ‘Peace Maker’ programme. Chloe and Maya couldn’t wait to tell us all about individual rights to clean water and toilets. We are very lucky in this country and we take our toilets for granted. The girls have asked that we ‘twin a toilet’. Please see www.toilettwinning.org
for more information about this wonderful project.