Democracy means "Rule by the People"
As adults we vote for members of Parliament and Councillors to represent us. We can make our voice heard and can make a change through voting.
In our school:
- We choose our Head Girl and Head Boy;
- We choose our Learning Ambassadors;
- We celebrate Parliament Week;
- We go to the polling station and vote for our school MPs;
- Our elected MPs meet, discuss and debate in order to try and improve the life of children at our school;
- We choose our Eco Representatives;
- We choose our House Captains;
- We choose our Sports Ambassadors;
- We say what we think by filling in Learner Surveys;
- We debate and discuss relevant issues and topics openly and safely.