In Computing, we will have 6 lessons which will result in the children creating their own text-based adventure.
Lesson 1 & 2: Design and Write a More Complex Program.
- To review good planning skills.
- To design programs using their choice of objects, attributing specific actions to each using their new programming knowledge.
- To use variables within a game to keep track of the properties of objects.
Lesson 3: Introducing Functions.
- To use functions and understand why they are useful in 2Code.
- To debug a program and organise the code into tabs.
- To organise code into functions and Call functions to eliminate surplus code in the program.
Lesson 4: Using user input.
- To explore the options for getting text input from the user in 2Code.
- How to include interactivity in programming.
Lesson 5: Flowcharts and Control Simulations.
- To use flowcharts to test and debug a program.
- To create a simulation of a room in which devices can be controlled.
Lesson 6: Using 2Code to make a text-based adventure.
- To explore how 2Code can be used to make a text-based adventure game.